Protecting your private information is our priority. You are able to access the site as a registered member or guest. Creating an account on the site requires the entry of limited personal information, including name, date of birth and email address. Additional information may be required to process the required request.
This privacy notice explains how we collect your information and the measures we take to protect, secure and safeguard your data.
This notice applies to OONIR,LLC, OONOLOGY.COM, A WEBSITE OPERATED BY OONIR,LLC (collectively, "OONIR" or "We.")
Our Uses and Disclosures
Use of your health information
We typically use or share your health information to operate our website(s) and deliver your services.
OONIR may collect, store, and use your personal information to operate its website(s) and deliver the services you have requested.
Example1: You upload a document to the site to deliver to a biller for review, and to submit a claim on your behalf and may retain an electronic copy of your document within the site.
Hardware and Software Information
Information about your computer hardware and software may be automatically collected by OONIR. This information can include: your IP address, browser type, domain names, access times and referring website addresses. This information is used for the operation of the service, to maintain the quality of the service, and to provide general statistics regarding use of the OONIR websites.
Website and Webpage Information
OONIR may keep track of the websites and pages our users visit within OONIR to improve its websites and services.
OONIR's websites may use "cookies" to help you personalize your online experience. You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most Web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to fully access the interactive features of the OONIR services or websites you visit. A cookie is a text file that is placed on your hard disk by a web page server. Cookies cannot be used to run programs or deliver viruses to your computer.
Cookies are uniquely assigned to you, and can only be read by a web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you. One of the primary purposes of cookies is to provide a convenience feature to save you time. If you choose to allow cookies, the purpose of cookies is to tell the web server that you have returned to a specific page. For example, if you personalize OONIR pages, or register with an OONIR site or for services, a cookie helps OONIR to recall your specific information on subsequent visits. This simplifies the process of recording your personal information, such as billing addresses, shipping addresses, and so on. When you return to the same OONIR website or pages, the information you previously provided can be retrieved, so you can easily use the OONIR features you customized.
Run our organization
If you create an account on the site as a member, we reserve the right to use and disclose your information to run our organization, contact you when necessary and respond to your inquiries, operate our website, and deliver your services.
Help with public health and safety issues
We can share health information about you for certain situations such as:
- Preventing disease
- Helping with product recalls
- Reporting adverse reactions to medications
- Reporting suspected abuse, neglect, or domestic violence
- Preventing or reducing a serious threat to anyone's health or safety
- Do research We can use or share your information for health research.
Comply with the law
Your information may be disclosed according to state or federal laws and to agencies including, but not limited to the Department of Health and Human Services
Respond to organ and tissue donation requests and work with a medical examiner or funeral director
- We can share health information about you with organ procurement organizations.
- We can share health information with a coroner, medical examiner, or funeral director when an individual dies.
Address workers' compensation, law enforcement, and other government requests
We can use or share health information about you:
- For workers' compensation claims
- For law enforcement purposes or with a law enforcement official
- With health oversight agencies for activities authorized by law
- For special government functions such as military, national security, and presidential protective services
Respond to lawsuits and legal actions
We can share health information about you in response to a court or administrative order, or in response to a subpoena.
For certain health information, you can tell us your choices regarding sharing your information. you have a clear preference for how we share your information in the situations described below, contact us. Tell us what you want us to do, and we will follow your instructions. In these cases, you have both the right and choice to tell us to:
- Share information with your family, close friends, or others involved in payment for your care
- Share information in a disaster relief situation
If you are not able to tell us your preference, for example if you are unconscious, we may go ahead and share your information if we believe it is in your best interest. We may also share your information when needed to lessen a serious and imminent threat to health or safety.
In these cases we never share your information unless you give us written permission:
- Marketing purposes
In these cases we never share your information:
- 3rd party email lists
- 3rd party telephone lists
- Spam lists
OONIR does not sell, rent, or lease its user lists or its users' protectable health information to third parties. We never sell your information for any purposes whatsoever.
When it comes to your health information, you have certain rights. This section explains your rights and some of our responsibilities to help you. You have a right to:
Get a copy of health records
- You can ask to see or get a paper or electronic copy of your records and other health information we have about you by contacting us with your request at support@OONOLOGY.com.
- We will provide a copy or a summary of your records, usually within 30 days of your request. We may charge a reasonable, cost-based fee.
Ask us to correct your information
- You can ask us to correct your health records if you think they are incorrect or incomplete. To do so contact us with your request at support@OONOLOGY.com
- We may say "no" to your request, but we'll tell you why in writing within 60 days.
Request confidential communications
- You can ask us to contact you in a specific way (for example, home or office phone) or to send mail to a different address.
- We will consider all reasonable requests, and must say "yes" if you tell us you would be in danger if we do not.
Get a copy of this privacy notice
- You can ask for a paper copy of this notice at any time, even if you have agreed to receive the notice electronically. We will provide you with a paper copy promptly. Please contact us at support@OONOLOGY.com. Be sure to include your postal address in your request.
Choose someone to act for you
- If you have given someone medical power of attorney or if someone is your legal guardian, that person can exercise your rights and make choices about your health information.
- We will make sure the person has this authority and can act for you before we take any action.
Opt Out & Unsubscribe
- We respect your privacy. You may opt out or unsubscribe at any time from receiving any or all communications from OONIR. To opt out or unsubscribe please contact us at support@OONOLOGY.com.
Changes to the Terms of this Notice
We can change the terms of this notice, and the changes will apply to all information we have about you. Any new notice will be available upon request, on our website, and we will email a copy to you at the email address you have provided us.
Children Under Thirteen
OONIR does not knowingly collect information from children under the age of thirteen. If you are under the age of thirteen, you must ask your parent or guardian for permission to use this website. If we discover use of the site without consent from a parent or guardian by a child under the age of thirteen, we will close the account and delete all associated data. If you are a parent or guardian and need help closing such an account, please contact us at support@OONOLOGY.com.
United States Service
This site is operated within the United States, and all information submitted will be transferred to, and used within, the United States. By accessing the site or services, you consent to this use and transfer. If you are using this site or services from outside the United States, additional laws may apply. Please ensure your use of this site or services is appropriate in your jurisdiction. You may not use this site or services in any jurisdiction in which such use would be illegal or unlawful.
Third Party Sites
OONIR encourages you to review the privacy statements of websites to which you may choose to link from OONIR so that you can understand how those websites collect, use and share your information. OONIR is not responsible for the privacy policies, practices, statements, or other content on websites outside of the OONIR website.
Data Security and Your Rights
OONIR takes the security of your data very seriously, and makes every effort to protect and safeguard your information. OONIR uses commercially available tools, firewalls, antivirals, encryption, authentication, and anti-theft measures. All communications on the site are encrypted with private keys. All site access requires unique authenticating credentials or passwords. All data is encrypted between site and server, and all stored server data is encrypted. All backup data is encrypted. All site accesses are tracked. OONIR also uses physical and technical safeguards to enhance the safety and security of your data. All security measures are designed to comply with HIPAA and ISO standards and requirements. Ultimately, however, there may be situations OONIR cannot predict or control. As such, OONIR cannot guarantee the security of the information you provide. Please recognize that with respect to such circumstances, you provide information at your own risk. As swiftly as possible in the event of any loss, theft, damage, or breach of your data, OONIR will notify you electronically. If you would like to receive a paper copy of such notice, please contact us at support@OONOLOGY.com.
This Notice is Effective as of March 04, 2022.
You and your privacy are important to us. Please contact us with any questions.